Monday, March 12, 2012

Chalk, chalk and more chalk...



I am loving Dana Tanamachi.  I saw her work on the cover of The Oprah Magazine but it wasn't until I read this article in the Wall Street Journal (hmmm, that makes me sound intelligent!) that I got to know a little more about her and her fantastic art.  Watching her work on this time lapse video is truly fascinating. I chose a short one but if you check out her website there are several more videos to watch. 


I am going to paint a large chalkboard onto my kitchen wall and buy the cheap chalk that Dana recommends. I have also been inspired by this chalk board wall.  Dolores Petunia was a Featured Seller on Etsy.
  
Photo by Dolores Petunia
I would like a credenza with the wall painted with chalkboard paint above it.  I would also like to use magnetic paint underneath the chalkboard paint as I think that would be fun to stick magnets on it.  Maybe I could make magnetic numbers which I can move around.  Another thing to add to the very long to do list!

Photo by Dolores Petunia


No comments:

Post a Comment