Thursday, June 14, 2012

Something old...

This is one of my older pieces that I thought would be nice to share as I am working on a new flower pendant at the moment.  I had a "great" idea that I would make stands for all my jewelry and they would live on the stand and be displayed like a piece of art whilst not being worn.  This piece is a silver and amethyst ring.  I say that it was a "great" idea because it actually took me longer to make the flower stand than it did to make the piece - doh! - back to the drawing board.  I think that the concept is a good one - but I just need to refine it.


I had a wonderful time last Friday at the Contemporary Crafts Market in Santa Monica. It is a show that I would like to sell at in the future and thought it would be a good idea to check it out.


I got to meet one of my jewelry heroes - Kit Carson. I have admired his work for a long time and it was a real honour to talk with him.  OK, I admit it - I was a little starstruck! But, hopefully more of this later.
I have lots of pieces all in various stages of completion and will post them as soon as I have photos.  Seem to be staying on task at the moment - which is a miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment