Thursday, May 3, 2012

Mary Poppins or Truly Scrumptious?

At last, after a year of waiting I have a new bike - it is made by Electra and I just love it!  It is so much fun and because of the shape of the bike you really are sat up quiet straight - very much like Mary Poppins or Truly Scrumptious. I didn't stage the flowers - although they do look rather lovely - it is Teacher Appreciation week and I had just raided my mother-in-law's garden! So, what shall I call her - Mary or Truly? Hmmm, big decision! I have a bell, a clip on flower and most importantly of all - a coffee cup holder! What more could a girl want?


I have been working - yippee! Here are two pieces that I am working on. This is going to be a new collection called "Mended" - most of us have had to deal with failed relationship, loss, loneliness and sadness - which at the time may feel as if your heart has been ripped apart or at the very least leaves our hearts a little battered and bruised. Mended means to make whole again - to be complete. I think that our life experiences, although tough to deal with at the time make our hearts stronger and make us more beautiful as a person over time. We have more empathy, understanding and compassion for people that may be living through something similar - it makes you a good friend in someones time of need. What I am trying to convey is that though something has been damaged, it can be repaired and become more beautiful in the process. Hopefully will get these pieces finished over the next few days and over to the lovely Paula Hanson's boutique.


No comments:

Post a Comment