Friday, May 1, 2015

Off on a tangent...

The last few months I have been re-exploring the world of leather and I have been working hard on designing and making a bag that will hold a phone, credit card/cash, keys and of course, mustn't forget the lippy! 

The bags/purses are veg-tanned leather and sewn by hand.
The idea came about because I couldn't get hold of my daughter, who was out on her scooter and she wasn't where she was supposed to be... terrifying moment for any parent. Breathe... Anyhow, after ageing over 10 years in just 10 minutes... I realised that I needed to find a way for her to always safely carry her phone with her. I have to say that there are limited options to do this when you are scooting on your scooter! It had to be lightweight and have a versatile crossover strap that could easily be adjusted. I realised pretty quickly that this would work perfectly for me too! A small bag that would carry the essentials, that looks great and would improve with age.

My daughter is animal crazy and wanted a cute critter on hers...
My daughter's bag is nearly finished. Just need to attach the straps and condition the leather and she is good to go...

I will be listing the "Scooter" bag in my shop very soon and they will be made to order.



No comments:

Post a Comment